As you could have read in my previous blog: Beauty of Vienna we went on a wonderful city trip of 3 days to this classy European city a few weeks ago.
During this trip we stayed in one of the 8 locations in Europe of the 25hours design hotel chain right next to the MuseumsQuartier in Vienna, a perfectly located and buzzing hotel. You might know by now I adore hotels with a special story and original design, and each of the hotels of the 25hours chain happen to share these unique features.
Imagine walking into a building with a big sign above the entrance which reads: ‘’We are all mad here’’. Being welcomed with a fresh cappuccino in the trendy lobby by the laid back staff in denim shirts making the atmosphere relaxing, surrounded by circus attributes and original vintage interior decoration, incl.a retro photo booth, a kiosk next to the reception with the most trendy gifts and souvenirs you can find, and signs telling you to ‘’come as you are’’.
That’s the 25hours Hotel beim MuseumsQuartier.
This really is the perfect hotel for design lovers, retro enthusiasts and culture and architecture addicts like me. The interior and decoration is inspirational, the location of the hotel is perfect, and combined with the excellent in house restaurant and famous rooftop club this is one of the most sought after hotels in the city!
You can stay here 1 night for FREE as well, because I am happy to say that I can give away a personal voucher for 1 free night stay for 2 persons in this beautiful hotel in Vienna!
To win this is all you have to do is follow these 3 simple steps:
- Sign up here Registration Vienna Contest to confirm you want to win this FREE night stay incl.breakfast,
- Like the page of AuthenticChica on Facebook and 25hours Hotels Wien on Facebook and/or follow both accounts on Instagram: AuthenticChica and 25HoursHotels,
- Tag at least 2 persons in your comment on social media that would be interested in this competition as well.
For bonus points you can also share this blog on Facebook and name 1 good reason in the comments under this blog why you should win this free night stay to convince us.
The winner will be announced on Facebook and Instagram on the 30th of June, good luck!
Now back to the hotel…let me convince you why the 25hours Hotel beim MuseumsQuartier is unique and why you should really want to stay at this hotel.
Surrounded by some of the main sights and architectural wonders of Vienna such as the Parlament, the Rathaus and just around the corner of the Museums of Natural History and Fine Art. Also only a few minutes’ walk away from Karlsplatz, Hofburg and Stephansdom, and nearby the main subway station across the street from the Volkstheater.
See more pics of this beautiful city in my previous blog: Beauty of Vienna.
Although it is ‘’officially rated’’ a 4 star hotel it has a 5 star feel, service and view. With its 217 rooms, including regular rooms and 34 suites of which you have a choice of panoramic suites, some including kitchenette and even XL suites including private balcony with their own open-air bathtub, this hotel has a variation in prices and flavors for everyone.
Having stayed in over 150 accommodations so far I am critical about each hotel I visit. But I have to say that I am impressed by the multitude of free extra’s the 25hours Hotels offer their guests, for instance free water bottles to go with your neighborhood running maps, an outside burger van, spacious lounge areas, hip meeting rooms, a trendy free spa area, and the list goes on and on.
Almost too much to mention, therefore I summed it up for you including some original pictures to give you a better impression.
(Click on the pictures to see the full version and description, and click on to see the whole gallery):
- The rooms are great value for money with a wide choice ranging from 17 to 34 m2 which fit any budget. All rooms have comfortable beds, great views, free WIFI, flat screen TV, iPod docking station and sustainable toiletries,
- The hotel has 3 trendy function rooms including an event bar for rent, with conference equipment and possibilities to combine into 1 large room for bigger parties,
- Spacious and beautifully decorated 250 m2 spa including trendy hanging chairs, mosaic decorated lounge area, and of course a steam bath and sauna, all free of charge!
- The 1500 Foodmakers restaurant of the hotel is truly unique! Popular with both locals and international guests for its cosmopolitan pizza concept, which I must say are some of the best I have ever tasted! And the breakfast here is spectacular and very tasty as well, displayed all around the square bar in the heart of the restaurant with a big variation of excellent food choices,
- The 400 m2 rooftop terrace, also known as the popular Dachboden club, is the talk of the town with its spectacular view and best drinks in the city. Beautifully decorated with a big variation of vintage interior creating a relaxed loungy atmosphere,
Besides all this the hotel offers many unique and trendy extras, like:
- Freitag bags for borrow,
- Cuddly animal in your room,
- Imac working stations throughout the hotel,
- Free Mini and bike rentals,
- Burger de Ville airstream van next to the hotel with the best burgers in town,
- A shop/ hair salon next to the Dachboden club, many pop up events during the year and even festivals organized by the hotel in the neighboring park.
About the design
What I loved most about the hotel is that all 25hours Hotels are created by a different concept which is unique per location; if you have seen 1 you have seen none! They are one of the first young and affordable design hotel chains since 2003, and have 8 locations until now, with big expansion plans for Europe. Although the design is young and trendy the hotels appeal to youngsters, hipsters, business travelers, but also older tourists, as they have something to offer every one.
The Dreimeta design team is responsible for the design, interior and decoration of each of the 25hours Hotels and build each theme around the uniqueness and origin of the location. As the city Vienna was originated from the Prater area many years ago, the circus theme was a logical choice for this hotel location. In the Prater amusement park the first permanent circus was opened in the 1800’s. Not to mention the fact that Vienna is renowned for its show element with many theaters, opera houses and venues.
This is represented in the hotel’s unique interior features such as metal ‘’animal cage decoration bars”, rounded carpets, trapeze wires, velvet curtains, Olaf Hajek circus murals in the rooms and eclectic furniture and unique accessories remembering the early 20th century when circuses were most popular.
I really adored the fact that all items are original and lovingly gathered by the design team at countless flea markets around Europe.
Can a hotel be more unique? Can’t wait to see the 7 other designs of this hotel chain!
Would you choose to stay here while visiting Vienna?
Do check out their other hotel themes in the 4 other cities where they are located on the 25hours Hotels website, I’d love to hear what you think of them and if you’ve been in any of them already.
Just leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free hotel stay competition here:
And do get social with me on: